The “Franz Huber Trail” is a high-alpine and scenically magnificent climb from the Lodnerhütte hut (2,259 m) in the Zieltal valley to the Tablander Alm hut on the Merano High Mountain Trail. Those who have the necessary endurance, sure-footedness will love this section.
Attention: this hike is only for trained and experienced mountaineers who do not suffer from vertigo and who are in good physical condition and surefooted. In addition, the descent is exceptionally long!
At the valley station Texelbahn cableway, Zielstraße road, Rablà/ Rabland
All-day, in the designated parking area. Campers only between 7.00 a.m. – 7.00 p.m.
From Merano: the Venosta Train or Bus 251 to Rablà and then by Bus 265 to the Texelbahn Cableway.
From Venosta Valley: the Venosta Train or Bus 251 to Rablà and then by Bus 265 to the Texelbahn Cableway.
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.