Path on Mount Pagano and fortification of the Great War
Distance 12.4 km
Beautiful walk on Mount Pagano in Val Camonica with breathtaking views that allow you to have a wide view of the Adamello and Mortirolo complex. On the top of the mountain, there is a second-line fortification from WWI, with a defensive perimeter that is still clearly visible.
After reaching the fortification on the peak, it is possible to continue on the path on the ridge, thus enjoying the wonderful panorama. Go back to your liking.
Update: March 02, 2021
Safety informationOnce past the fort, the path on the ridge becomes very steep on the sides, so proceed with caution.
Getting thereFrom the village of Monno, continue to San Giacomo
ParkingPark just before San Giacomo near the "Ponte Palu"
32T 601680 5121943
Rain / wind jacket
A spare t-shirt is recommended once you reach the top due to the probable presence of wind.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view