Dolomiti Trek King - Autumn taste
APT Val di Fassa Verified partner Explorers Choice
Valle del VajoletPhoto: APT Val di Fassa
The holiday package (3 nights stay, from September 18th to October 3rd 2021) includes:
- 1 night in Dolomiti Walking Hotel (***/***S) with half board accommodation (double room);
- 3 self guided hiking tours;
- 2 nights in mountain hut with half board accommodation (multiple rooms) and two menus of "The flavour refuges Val di Fassa";
- 1 cotton sheet sleeping bag.
Stage 2: Antermoia Refuge > Sassopiatto Refuge
Stage 3: Sassopiatto and Sassolungo tour
Safety informationFor your hikes in mountain always choose itineraries in accordance with your technical and physical abilities. Consult maps of the area to visit and check the best way to follow. If you walk in group including slower hikers, always calculate longer average times to cover the distances.
Preferably do not hike alone in mountain. Otherwise tell someone the itinerary that you are going to follow and let him know when you are back.
Check the weather forecast and, while hiking, constantly pay attention to the evolution of the weather.
If you do not feel safe, give up. In mountain, sometimes, it is better to surrender than to face the dangers deriving from bad weather conditions or from difficulties superior to one’s limits. In advance look for alternative itineraries to get back.
Bring rubbish back with you. Respect the flora and fauna. Remain on the marked tracks, avoiding to follow shortest ways, in order to avoid causing damages to vegetation and the territory. Respect local cultures andtraditions, always bearing in mind that you are a guest.
Tips and hintsAzienda per il Turismo della Val di Fassa
Strèda Roma, 36
38032 Canazei (TN)
Phone +39 0462 609500
Public transportRegular bus service operated by the bus company Trentino Trasporti in Val di Fassa:
- bus line no. 101 Canazei - Cavalese - Trento
- bus line no. 104 Cavalese - Ora - Trento
- bus line no. 123 Moena - Passo San Pellegrino - Falcade
Regular bus service operated by the bus company SAD in Val di Fassa:
- bus line no. 180 Pozza di Fassa - Vigo di Fassa - Passo Carezza - Bolzano
- bus line no. 471 Dolomites Passes (Sella Pass, Gardena Pass, Campolongo Pass, Pordoi Pass, Fedaia Pass). Only in summer
Getting thereMain access points to Val di Fassa, coming from the A22 Brennero motorway:
- Ora/Egna exit, S.S. 48 delle Dolomiti - Passo San Lugano - Val di Fiemme - Val di Fassa (distance 45 km). At the roundabout in Moena, follow the direction of Canazei upwards;
- Bolzano Nord exit, S.S. 241 Grande Strada delle Dolomiti - Passo Carezza - Val di Fassa (distance 40 km). From Vigo, follow the direction of Canazei upwards or the direction of Soraga and Moena downwards.
Other access routes to Val di Fassa:
- from the A27 (Venezia motorway), Belluno/Ponte nelle Alpi exit, then take the S.S. 203 to Agordo and the S.P. 346 to Passo San Pellegrino - Moena (Val di Fassa). At the roundabout in Moena, follow the direction of Canazei upwards;
- from the A27 (Venezia motorway), Belluno/Ponte nelle Alpi exit, then take the S.S. 203 to Agordo/Alleghe/Rocca Pietore first and the S.P. 641 to Passo Fedaia - Canazei;
- coming from Arabba, take the S.S. 48 Passo Pordoi - Canazei;
- coming from Val Gardena, take the S.S. 242 Passo Sella - Canazei.
Book recommendation by the author
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentWear adequate clothing, footwear and equipment suitable for the length and grade of difficulty of trail to be taken. Always try to be self-sufficient and carry with you the necessary to face possible emergency situations and a first aid kit.
- 3 Stages
Stage 1 from Ciampedìe to Antermoia Refuge. 3-day self guided hiking tour at high altitude, from refuge to refuge. Discover the Dolomites in Val di ...
Stage 2 from Antermoia Refuge to Sasso Piatto Refuge. 3-day self guided hiking tour at high altitude, from refuge to refuge. Discover the Dolomites ...
Stage 3 from Sasso Piatto Refuge to Campitello. 3-day self guided hiking tour at high altitude, from refuge to refuge. Discover the Dolomites in ...
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Photos from others