From here, continue on trail no. 627 and no. 638 towards "Piz Boè".
Once at the top at 3,152 m, we recommend a break to refresh yourself and admire the most beautiful peaks of the Dolomites, with a 360° panorama of rare beauty. Continue along trail no. 638 and no. 637 towards the "Bec de Roces".
When you arrive at the "Bec de Roces", take the chairlift that will take you to the "Campolongo" pass and the bus to return to "Arabba".
If you prefer, you can return to "Arabba" on foot via path no. 637 from "Bec de Roces".
- choose the route according to your physical and technical abilities
- before the start, read up on the route you intend to take (distances, height difference, hours spent, springs, fountains, refuges, lifts, bivouacs, etc.).
- check the condition of the chosen path
- never undertake a hike alone
- always take the rubbish back to the village
- please stay on the marked trails
- please be quiet
- do not pick up stones or minerals
- do not feed animals
- do not light fires
- do not pick up flowers or plants
Safety informationLong excursion to do only with good training and good weather.
Always let someone know where you are going and the approximate duration of the hike and avoid going alone.
The telephone number in case of emergency is 112 or 118 (ambulance).
Tips and hintsBefore the start, it is reccomended to get informed about the weather, which changes rapidly in the mountains, and the conditions of the route.
Getting thereBy car
- From Innsbruck A22 Brennero highway to the Bressanone tool booth, continue through the Pusteria valley, Badia valley, the Campolongo Pass und Pordoi Pass
- From Verona/Milan A22 Brennero highway up to Egna Ora tool booth, continue for Fiemme valley, Fassa valley and Pordoi Pass
- From Venice A27 highwayway tool booth Belluno follow the Agordina 203 to Agordo, Caprile, Arabba and Pordoi Pass
Nearest railway stations
- Belluno - 70 km
- Brunico - 48 km
- Ponte Gardena - 51 km
- Brunico - 47 Km connection by SAD line www.sad.it
- Belluno - 70 km - connected by the Dolomitibus www.dolomitibus.it
- Venice Treviso/Venice Marco Polo - 160/170 km
- Innsbruck - 140 km
- Verona - 270 km
- Milan Bergamo/Milan Malpensa - 310/400 km
ParkingLarge open spaces and parking areas at the top of the "Pordoi" pass.
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentThe hiker's kit:
- waterproof backpack or backpack with waterproof cover (not too big if the hike is short)
- topographic map (or a local map with recommended paths)
- compass and altimeter (or a sports watch)
- water bottles
- energy bars or snacks
- sandwiches (or lunch in a mountain hut)
- breathable t-shirt
- substitute T-shirt (preferably breathable)
- sweatshirt or pile
- windproof and waterproof jacket
- long trousers
- long socks (long or mid-calf)
- multi - sport boots soft and snug on the ankle
- light hat/headband
- anti-glare sunglasses
- sun cream
- telescopic poles
- first aid kit (plasters, disinfectant, gauzes, etc.)