4 Peaks Alta Badia is the new Alta Badia experience for the expert mountaineer looking for new challenges.
The goal is to conquer the four Dolomites summits Sas dla Crusc/Santa Croce (2.907 m), Piza dales Diesc/Cima Dieci (3.026 m), Lavarela (3.055 m) and Conturines (3.064 m). Anyone who conquers all four summits in one day will be entitled "Alta Badia Mountaineer" and will have his place in the 4 Peaks Alta Badia Hall of Fame. Those who manage to conquer the four summits over several days, still a great result, will belong to the "Alta Badia Finisher".
- Coming from Innsbruck: take the A13 and the A22 toll motorway and exit at Bressanone/Brixen, following the signs to Brunico/Bruneck along the Val Pusteria/Pustertal road as far as S. Lorenzo/St. Lorenzen. Follow the signs to Val Badia/Gadertal
- Coming from Verona - Bolzano: take the A22, exit at Bressanone/Brixen and continue as above
The nearest train stations are:
- Brunico - 37 km
- Bolzano (via Passo Gardena) - 72 km (via Brunico) - 100 km
- Connection train station - Alta Badia by the local bus SAD: www.sii.bz.it
- Innsbruck - 130 km
- Munich - 330 km
- Venice Treviso / Venice Marco Polo - 180 km / 200 km
- Verona - 213 km
- Milan Bergamo / Milan Malpensa - 310 km / 400 km
- Information airport transfer: www.altoadigebus.com - www.cortinaexpress.it
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.