From "Arabba" in the direction of "Campolongo" and "Gardena" pass or from "Pordoi" pass and "Sella" pass (depending on your preference) you will reach "Selva", home of the famous "Selva" Castle.
In Klausen you can visit the "Sabiona" monastery, which is now a closed monastery. In "Bressanone" you will come across the Bishop's Palace, which is like a history book waiting to be read.
You continue in the direction of the "Puster" valley, at the "Casteldarne" castle. At the exit of Bruneck you will find the castle of Gais "Neuhaus", where you can enjoy excellent dishes as well as the view.
Back in the saddle, turn right in Dobbiaco in the direction of "Cortina" and on the descent from the "Falzarego" pass, with a short detour before the way back, you will pass the old castle "Andraz".
Safety informationChoose a speed that respects the road traffic regulations and traffic and that corresponds to your driving skills.
Always let someone know where you are going and the approximate duration of the hike and avoid going alone.
The telephone number in case of emergency is 112 or 118 (ambulance).
Getting thereBy car
- From Innsbruck A22 Brennero highway to the Bressanone tool booth, continue through the Pusteria valley, Badia valley and the Campolongo Pass
- From Verona/Milan A22 Brennero highway up to Egna Ora tool booth, continue for Fiemme valley, Fassa valley, Pordoi Pass and Arabba
- From Venice A27 highwayway tool booth Belluno follow the Agordina 203 to Agordo, Caprile and Arabba.
Nearest railway stations
- Belluno - 70 km
- Brunico - 48 km
- Ponte Gardena - 51 km
- Brunico - 47 Km connection by SAD line www.sad.it
- Belluno - 70 km - connected by the Dolomitibus www.dolomitibus.it
- Venice Treviso/Venice Marco Polo - 160/170 km
- Innsbruck - 140 km
- Verona - 270 km
- Milan Bergamo/Milan Malpensa - 310/400 km