From the grass to the glass: Embark on an exciting journey from the city center to the dairy and then on the bike path back through the historic center of Sterzing. Whether alone, as a couple or with the whole family: The way is an unforgetable experience!
A total of 12 stations invite you to discover. From the feed of the cows to the finished yoghurt, the path from the grass to the glass is experienced in fun hands-on stations. On the way back over the bike path you will pass the most important sights of Sterzing. From the parish church in the south, past the town hall in the city center to the Zwölferturm, up to the starting point at the Nordparkplatz.
Walking time: approx. 2 hours (5,4km)
Difficulty: very easy
Baby carriage and wheelchair accessible
Not suitable for bicycles
For the way no liability is taken over
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.