Route: Bella Vista Lodge – Naturns (Merano)
Today is a chance to slow the pace and take in the scenery. Your beautiful green countryside route will take you from Bella Vista Lodge down to Maso Corto/Kurzras before rising above Lake Vernago, where you can take in outstanding views and enjoy a break in one of the many small mountain lodges.
Your hike through the Alps ends at Lake Vernago in the Val Senales valley. From here, you can take a bus back down to Merano.
Today you may be walking past a few different areas where cows graze. Although generally very docile and used to walkers, keep your distance and never turn your back on a cow that is behaving strangely or aggressive. Be particularly vigilant around cows with calves.
Always allow plenty of time for your hike. The walking times indicated do not include breaks. Rest and photo breaks must be added to the times indicated.
Check the latest weather information and be on the lookout for changes in the weather. Storms can develop rapidly in the Alps.
Do not leave the marked hiking trails.
Tips and hints
Refreshments can be picked up at Finailhof, however opening times can vary so we recommend carrying enough food to keep you going for the day!
Finailhof: This restaurant is located in a beautiful setting looking out over Lake Vernago. A break here to regain your strength and take in the views is highly recommended.
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentAlways wear good walking boots with a robust sole, and take waterproofs with you. Don’t forget to take plenty of water with you (at least two litres) and to protect yourself against the sun. Trekking poles are recommended.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.