1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
The mountain hut is essentially served by two forest roads that are “partially” accessible:
1) From Pontet locality: on the SS50 della Valle di Primiero, in Pontet locality at the exit from the tunnel near the lock on the basin of the hydroelectric plant, you will see a dirt road. Follow it for 11 Km. You can travel the road by car, but there is a sign saying that it is an “untested road”. The road surface is not great, but it is doable. Follow the white signs for the mountain hut. Ask the hut managers for any further information on the conditions of the road.
2) From Val Noana, following the forest road for the Rifugio Vederna. The road is only open on weekends, from the second Sunday of June until October. Ask the hut managers for any further information on the conditions of the road.
ParkingRifugio Vederna (1324m)
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentHiking boots/shoes, windbreaker, a change of clothes.
- 1 Waypoints
- 1 Waypoints