The hike starts in front of the hotel, crossing the street and going to the big parking lot. Here is starting a large gravel path. Follow this path for a couple of minutes. Arriving to a bridge, without passing it follow the path n. 7 in front of the bridge through the forest. Then you reach the street again which you cross one more time, then follow the path n. 13 to the Tschamin valley. After approx. 2 hours after the start you will reach the “Rechter Leger”, a clearing with a little hut and wonderful view. We keep walking straight on and after a while we arrive at junction and follow on the right path n. 3A which leads steeply uphill. After a short dip, the path takes you almost flat across alpine meadows to the Grasleiten hut (2.143 m). The ascent takes approximately 3 hours.
The way back is the same through the Tschamin valley.
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.