The Waalweg trail -Hiking along the irrigation channel
Spectacular views of the surrounding mountains can be seen along the entire length of the Marlinger Waalweg trail. The agricultural landscape lining the irrigation channels is also impressive, with meadows and forests alternating with vineyards and orchards. Along the Marlinger Waalweg trail there are also impressive views of the Merano basin, the Val Passiria/Passeier Valley, and the imposing Texelgruppe mountain range.
Getting thereFrom Meran/Merano or the valley Vinschgau/Val Venosta to the centre of Marling/Marlengo.
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.