The climatic terrain cure is a special form of exercise therapy characterised by activity adapted to one’s fitness level, endurance training, and time spent in the outdoors experiencing the landscape, which is carried out through a personalised walking programme.
So-called terrain hiking improves endurance and agility, increases speed and flexibility, reinforces the cardiovascular system, stimulates breathing activity and strengthens muscles, ligaments and joints. It has a positive impact on the metabolism, activates the digestive system and noticeably increases the expenditure of calories.
The climatic terrain cure is recommended for functional cardiovascular disorders, respiratory and metabolic disorders, and above all is a tried and tested method of primary prevention and general health promotion.
The "Terrainkur" trails in Partschins/Parcines have been certified by the Ludwig-Maximilians-University of Munich.
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.