The river Silvesterbach has shaped the area around Dobbiaco/Toblach very significantly: the watershed was moved from Versciaco/Vierschach to Dobbiaco/Toblach, earth pyramids were created, but also deep trenches, the expansion of which has been slowed down for some time by the torrent construction. The Sylvesto circular hiking trail is to be on the following seven Provide insights into the eventful history of Dobbiaco/Toblach and the river Silversterbach: old San Silvestro/Wahlern, the earth pyramids, the fortifications, the greening measures in the trenches, the San Silvestro/Silvester spring, the San Silvestro/Silvester chapel and the periadriatic seam (an important geological fracture zone) at the bottom corner.
You can find detailed information on the individual stations in the following blog www.sylvesto-kreis.blogspot.com.
How to reach Toblach/Dobbiaco: https://www.drei-zinnen.info/en/dobbiaco/dobbiaco/contact-and-service/arrival-mobility.html
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.