Distance 4.1 km
From the Prato Piazza/Plätzwiese alpine guesthouse to Rif. Vallandro/ Dürrensteinhütte and to the old Austrian Prato Piazza works. From there to Monte Specie/ Strudelkopf ridge and on easy terrain to the summit. Sign-post: No. 37, from Rif. Vallandro/Dürrensteinhütte No.34
Getting thereValley entrance Braies – road junction to Prato Piazza – continue until Ponticello. From Ponticello until Prato Piazza there is a traffic regulation from June until October (drive up is possible until 10.00 am and after 16 pm) – max. 100 cars. Bus service available.
33T 284156 5170557
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view