Distance 7.3 km
Specatcular peak with breathtaking 360°-view! Along the western shore of the lake to the south-eastern end of the lake, then upwards to Buco del Giavo/Nabiges Loch cross the valley to the other side and to the right to Porta sora al Forn. From there, the trail branches off to the right over rocky terrain to the summit. Exposed sections are secured with wire rope. Sign-post: No 1, from “Rifugio Biella” without number - marked in red Challenge: very demanding, vertigo and slip resistance required!
Getting thereValley entrance Braies – road junction to Braies lake – continue until Braies lake.
33T 277071 5175806
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view