This route connects "Colle S. Lucia", where the mineral was mined and where the administration of the mines was based, with the castle of "Andraz", near which the smelting furnace was located. Along the route there will be different information panels to highlight the history of the area and the surrounding nature.
The route puts the tourist in contact with a typical Alpine landscape with woods, pastures and wooden barns.
Don't miss a visit to "Fursil" mines and to "Andraz" castle.
"The vademecum of the sustainable hiker":
- choose the route according to your physical and technical abilities
- before the start, read up on the route you intend to take (distances, height difference, hours spent, springs, fountains, refuges, lifts, bivouacs, etc.).
- check the condition of the chosen path
- never undertake a hike alone
- always take the rubbish back to the village
- please stay on the marked trails
- please be quiet
- do not pick up stones or minerals
- do not feed animals
- do not light fires
- do not pick up flowers or plants
There is no rest stop along the way, so you should take water and food with you.
Always let someone know where you are going and the approximate duration of the hike and avoid going alone.
The telephone number in case of emergency is 112 or 118 (ambulance).
Tips and hints
Before the start, it is reccomended to get informed about the weather, which changes rapidly in the mountains, and the conditions of the route.
Getting thereBy car
- From Innsbruck A22 Brennero highway to the Bressanone tool booth, continue through the Pusteria valley, Badia valley and the Campolongo Pass
- From Verona/Milan A22 Brennero highway up to Egna Ora tool booth, continue for Fiemme valley, Fassa valley, Pordoi Pass and Arabba
- From Venice A27 highwayway tool booth Belluno follow the Agordina 203 to Agordo and Caprile.
Nearest railway stations
- Belluno - 70 km
- Brunico - 48 km
- Ponte Gardena - 51 km
- Brunico - 47 Km connection by SAD line www.sad.it
- Belluno - 70 km - connected by the Dolomitibus www.dolomitibus.it
- Venice Treviso/Venice Marco Polo - 160/170 km
- Innsbruck - 140 km
- Verona - 270 km
- Milan Bergamo/Milan Malpensa - 310/400 km
ParkingFree parking is available near the Church of "Selva di Cadore".
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
The hiker's kit:
- waterproof backpack or backpack with waterproof cover (not too big if the hike is short)
- topographic map (or a local map with recommended paths)
- compass and altimeter (or a sports watch)
- water bottles
- energy bars or snacks
- sandwiches (or lunch in a mountain hut)
- breathable t-shirt
- substitute T-shirt (preferably breathable)
- sweatshirt or pile
- windproof and waterproof jacket
- long trousers
- long socks (long or mid-calf)
- multi - sport boots soft and snug on the ankle
- light hat/headband
- anti-glare sunglasses
- sun cream
- telescopic poles
- first aid kit (plasters, disinfectant, gauzes, etc.)