Pleasant walk without difficulty, at an altitude of 2000 meters. You walk towards the horizon, dominated by the two opposite peaks that frame the Oclini Pass: Corno Bianco, with a clear dolomitic rock, and Corno Nero, with a dark volcanic rock. The dirt road slopes gently towards Baita Isi, passing through the Gurndin Malga: small chests of good South Tyrolean food, surrounded by pastures embellished in summer by numerous flowers, cows, goats and pigs in freedom.
The last part of the tour that lead back to the starting point are moderately uphill, along a meadow that is a ski slope in winter, with a few more stones than the first comfortable stretch.
A short detour before Malga Gurndin along the path "H" allows you to reach a panoramic point where a sign announces that you are near the Bletterbach, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, a deep gorge carved into the rock, famous for its geological richness and fossils.
Rest StopIsi Hut
THE 10 RULES FOR HIKERS
- Prepare your itinerary beforehand
- Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
- Choose suitable clothes and equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking by yourself is more risky; if this is the case, take a mobile phone with you
- Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
- If you are not sure about your itinerary, contact an Alpine Guide
- Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
- Do not hesitate in going back if you feel too tired
- In case of emergency call 112
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hints
Getting thereFrom Cavalese take the road direction Passo Lavazè. Then turn left direction Passo Oclini.
ParkingParking at Passo Oclini
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentHiking shoes, rain-jacket, hiking poles, water, sun cream
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.