Distance 5.2 km
A gentle hike in the middle of the larch forest, surrounded by history. Shortly after the out of service Hasenlift, follow the forest road and the path signposted no. 5. Observe the grazing cows and horses in the Talai forest. Leave the forest road at the crossroad and follow the path signposted no. 5 towards Schlossberg. Once there, admire the ruins of a former watchtower, which was in all likelihood used as a control station on the Via Claudia Augusta. Descend on the left until the flat terrain of the larch forest. Passing meadows and forest clearings, the forest road leads back to the Hasenlift.
32T 617207 5180440
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view