First section of the famous Alta Via 1 that we hiked from Pragser Wildsee to Armentarol, Alta Badia.
Distance 36.4 km
We started at Pragser Wildsee and hiked over the Pragser-Sennes-Fanes Nature Park over 4 days and three nights at Rifugio’s Fodara, Fanes & Scotoni.
There is a reason that this is so popular, it is the classic “high route” of the Dolomites. Offers fantastic scenery, hiking, huts and mountain geology.
33T 277014 5175376
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view