The excursion is located very beautiful and you walk between green meadows and woods. It extends on a big part on the back of the altiplano "Tschöggelberg", from Avelengo to Lavenna, the highest point of the Salto.
The romanesque church St.Jakob on the Langfenn is positioned on the most visible and on the highest point of the Salto (1525m). The church stands on prehistoric ground and could tell us probabely many interesting and exciting historical things. On the altar we can see Saint Jakob, the protector of all hikers, and on his side the two Patrons of the pest, Rochus and Sebastian..
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.