Distance 8.6 km
Descend from Rosskopf / Monte Cavallo at Sterzing / Vipiteno to Gossensass / Colle Isarco. By the Rosskopf mountain station on the right followin the trail no. 19 and 19A in direction Vallming Almen mountain huts. By the Vallming alpine village the forest road on the right side along and after a while on the left on trail no. 19A to the valley bottom. Here on the promenade to Gossensass (return to Sterzing with public bus on weekdays).
Getting thereFrom the A22 motorway exit Sterzing at the roundabout take the first exit right into the Via Giovo. At the next roundabout take the 3rd exit in the Brenner road, through Vipiteno/Sterzing to the valley station of Rosskopf cable car.
32T 682583 5198249
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view