Distance 11.6 km
This long but absolutely beautiful hike offers you spectacular views at the 3 Cime, once you reach the Gwengalpenjoch/passo Alpe Mattina. The path is a bit steep. If you have a good physical constitution you may make a longer round reaching the Passo Rondoi/Wildgrabenjoch where you can see the 3 Cime even better. You can reach the Innerfeld valley by bus/shuttlebus or you plan your next tour ending in the Innerfeld valley where you have parked your car p.e. the wonderful Mount Gsell starting at the Fischleintal (see tour 2) You can also do the hike vice versa, but as described it is more beautiful Description of the way: With the car or bus to the parking place in the Innerfeld valley. From here starts a large way until the Dreischuster hut (1626m). From the hut on way nr. 105 westwards along to a crossing. We remain on the way nr. 105 which takes us on the left passing a little river up to the Gwengalpenjoch. In turns the way goes steep up and at a certain point (Pass Alpe Mattina 2446m) we have a fantastic view at the Three Peaks and the whole Dolomites of Braies, the Monte Piana, the Dolomites of Cortina and certainly the Dolomites of Sesto. Next we reach the Dreizinnenhut (2405m) where we take the path nr. 102 north-eastwards to go down to the Talschlusshut and the Fischlein Valley. Here we take the bus to turn to back to the Berghotel or to the car at the beginning of the Innerfeld valley! Summary: An excellent tour with fantastic lookouts and until the Dreizinnenhut you will be almost alone and in silence.
Getting thereInnerfeld Valley - Fischleinvalley With the car or bus to the parking place in the Innerfeld valley
33T 294531 5176931
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view