Distance 14.9 km
With the cablecar Gitschberg at Maranza/Meransen to the mountain station at 2041 m, from here towards Ochsenboden on path nr 21, afterwards on path nr 6 (pay attention) towards the hut Seefeld and descent to the great lake Seefeld (2271 m). Descending until the two alpine lodges Wieserhütte and Pranter Stadelhütte (1850). Leaving the valley Altafossa and crossing the village Maranza/Meransen to the starting point at the cablecar Gitschberg.
32T 704592 5191585
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view