The hike starts at the visitor centre of the Stelvio National Park, culturamartell.
The path guides to Martello - Gand, then across a wooden bridge over the Plima. The path no. 7 brings you to the "Steinwandhof". From there a short uphill to a forest road (trail no. 19), past a ruined lime kiln. Now following the slightly uphill forest through the larch forest until the path no. 1, this less steeper trail along the Kreuzjöchl (2,053 m), conduct you through the larch wood. Once at Kreuzjöchl, hike to the gap Covelano (path no. 23). In front of you opens a rewarding view over Val Venosta. The path no. 3 leads you through the peastures meadow of the Monte Sole in Val Martello into the village of Martello. From there take always the path no. 1 up to the visitor centre culturamartell.
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.