Distance 8.1 km
This tour, that can be done from early spring to late autumn, depending on the weather, takes us along the highest grain farm in Europe. Grain was cultivated at this altitude right up to the second half of the last century, when the construction of the dam and reservoir also changed the climate of the Schnalstal Valley. There are archaic structures along this trail that have only changed slightly during the development of mountain farming over thousands of years.
Getting thereNaturno/Naturns - Senales Valley - Maso Corto/Kurzras
32T 636147 5179649
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view