Discover the area above the peaceful Alpe di Siusi, the Val di Fassa and the Val Gardena, starting from the Sella Pass.
At the beginning, the trail downhill from the Toni Demetz Hut can be somehow challenging. The trail is uneven, there are some big steps on very rocky terrain. It requires you to be sure footed and to have some hiking experience. After the Rifugio Vicenza the hike becomes much easier and the paths more gentle.
Mountain Rescue: 118
Getting thereBy private car, drive over the Passo Gardena and follow the signs to the Passo Sella.
ParkingParking against payment at the Passo Sella.
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentHiking/trekking boots are highly recommended, hiking poles can be useful if you use them regularly. Even though there are plenty of huts along the way, always carry enough liquids and a snack in your rucksack.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.