Distance 11.9 km
A 5 hour excursion to the highest accessible point in the Latemar offering stunning views of the Dolomites in all directions. Starting point is the Grand Hotel in Karersee, which you can reach via car or bike. Most of this route is a technically undemanding family friendly day out, but there are some steep sections higher up that require scrambling along well marked but quite precarious trails, so fitness and sure footedness are absolutely essential. Not suitable for young children.
32T 698626 5142449
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view