This is a technically straightforward but quite long hike requiring good stamina & fitness. Take the gondola from Seis to Kompatsch; from there either catch the shuttle bus or take a hire bike to Saltria. From there take the Florian lift up to the start of the tour by the Zallinger Hütte.
A shorter and technically slightly more challenging option is to take the gondola from the Sella Joch refuge to the Toni Demetz Hut halfway along the trail, from where you can ascend over the Langkofel ridge to rejoin the trail overlooking the Cunfin basin.
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.