The newly-opened "Knottnkino³" circuit trail connects the three red porphyry rocks of Vöran. Starting from the Burgstall-Vöran upper cableway station, the trail leads to the three panoramic landmarks of Vöran: the Rotstein, Beimstein and Timpfler Knott.
With the Funicular Burgstall-Vöran: Coming from both directions of the freeway Meran/Merano - Bozen/Bolzano (MEBO), take the exit of Lana Süd/Lana Sud and follow directions towards Burgstall/Postal. Follow Romstraße/Via Roma for about 1.5km.
With the car: Coming from both directions of the freeway Meran - Bozen (MEBO), take the exit of Meran Süd/Merano Sud and follow directions towards Meran first, to then turn right towards Hafling/Avelengo, follow the street to Vöran/Verano – the parking place is near the funicular Burgstall-Vöran.
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.