A long but family friendly day out. Take the gondola from Bozen to Oberbozen and from there take the small gauge railway to Klobenstein. From Klobenstein follow the well marked trail for 3-4 hours through woods & meadows to the Rittner Horn refuge, where you can stop for a lunch. If you take the chair lift at Pemmern, the walk is 1 hour shorter each way. On a hot day, get off the train at Wolfsgruben on the way back for a dip in the lake.
Distance 21.8 km
32T 688562 5156904
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view