Easy leisurely walk from Bruneck/Brunico to "Kaiserwarte" and Reischach/Riscone.
Around 1903, on the highest point of "Kühbergl/Monte Spalliera", it was built a 18 meters high observation tower that allowed the Emperor Franz Joseph I to observe the artillery movements in Brunico and surroundings. This tower and the hill on which it stood were named "Kaiserwarte". Later the tower became a popular scenic spot, but over the years it suffered natural damages and in 1950 it was dismantled for safety reasons. Currently still remained only a kind of stone column.
Getting thereHow to Get There By car, it is easily accessible from the A22 (Brenner motorway), exit Bressanone/Brixenin Val Pusteria/Pustertal, Bruneck-Brunico
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.