On the col on the northern end of Trodena/Truden the forestry trail "Praglasir" (no.2) diverts from the land road. We walk north-west, keep going straight ahead at the sharp turn which goes to the left (no. 2a) and get to the "Hochwand", a steep scarp on 1.301m. Now we are in a typical alpine scene: alpine roses, creeping pines, mountain-avens, saxifrage and clematis can be admired on the rocky escarpments. The panoramic view extends over the mountain chain of the "Lagorai", the "Schwarzhorn" and "Weißhorn", the Alps of the "Zillertal", the "Texelgruppe" and the Valley of the "Etsch". Now we walk through fir and mixed forest (path no. 2) to the "Cisloner Alm", an alpine cabin on 1.250m which is open for guests in the summer and winter. We get back to Truden on the path no. 1.
With baby-buggy you arrive to the "Cisloner Alm" only on the forest road from the village (following path no.1 ´for 1 km)
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.