Distance 8.7 km
Very beautiful hike, starting from the parking at the Mount Baranci Valley Station. Go up on the sled run until reaching the Rifugio Gigante Baranci Mountain Hut. Then return to the valley via the Bagni di San Candido Springs.
Getting thereThrough the Alta Pusteria/Hochpustertal Valley to Innichen by bus, train or car. From there follow the signs to Monte Baranci/Haunold. Park the car at the parking of the chairlift.
33T 292008 5178787
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view