The Tauferer Ahrntal (valley) is rich in legends. Some of these are presented on the Tauferer Valley Legend Trail. Children are drawn into an exciting world of magic, adults learn something about the mystics of Taufers. The legends are told on display boards. We hear about the little woman from Oberpurstein, about the Antrischen people, about the castle on Purstein, the treasure at Tobl and the doom of the Walburg Castle.
Coming from the north:
München – Rosenheim – Kufstein – Innsbruck – Brennerautobahn – exit at Brixen – national road Pustertaler Staatsstraße to Bruneck – turn left into the Ahrntal Valley - Sand in Taufers/Campo Tures
Coming from the west:
Reschen pass, Bozen, Brixen and national road Pustertaler Staatsstraße to Bruneck – turn left into the Ahrntal Valley - Sand in Taufers/Campo Tures
Coming from the east:
Motorway Tauernautobahn or Felbertauern tunnel to Lienz and continue on to Innichen -Toblach - Bruneck – turn right into the Ahrntal Valley - Sand in Taufers/Campo Tures
Coming from the south:
Verona – Trento – Bozen – Motorway Brennerautobahn to the exit at Brixen – national road Pustertaler Staatsstraße Bruneck – turn left into the Ahrntal Valley - Sand in Taufers/Campo Tures
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.