Once upon a time, in the woods above the Tuff Alm, there lived a rather unusual man: Franz Mich, “Migg,” to all those who knew him was a hermit who lived alone in his cave. The cave is still there to this day, and has been preserved together with all of his belongings. This tour leads you to the world of Migg…
This hiking tour can be found in the family hiking booklet “Out and About with Nix the Witch” (hiking tour no. 6)
In the summer months (from the beginning of June to mid-September), you can take bus no. 13 from Völs.
Alternatively, pay-parking facilities are available at the lake. We recommend hiking from Fiè to the starting point, as it is a wonderful short trip.
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.