From Colfosco to the Sassongher and Gherdenacia, ending in La Villa
Alta Badia Tourism Cooperative
View Sassongher_Gardenaccia_La VillaPhoto: Alta Badia/Freddy Planinschek, Alta Badia Tourism Cooperative
Sassongher, Corvara's emblem, towers above the town and the neighbouring Colfosco, sheer and unapprochable. From its summit, enjoy an exciting view in the round.
Track typesShow elevation profile
From the church in Colfosco, set off west through the Val Edelweiss on trail nr. 4, going by the refuge and the tiny votive chapel until you reach a junction (or with the Col Pradat lift from Colfosco to the hill of the same name). Here, take trail nr. 7 to Sassongher, going up over debris and rocky spurs to the Forcela Sassongher. From the pass, climb to the right once again, crossing a steep scree slope and some rocks with metal ropes, to arrive at the summit. (3h 10min.). Come back down to the pass the same way. Leaving the Forcela Sassongher, descend northwards, to begin with on trail nr. 7, but then on trail nr. 5. This particular trail goes along an overhang below the sides of Para da Giai, ultimately arriving at the Gardenacia hut. Down to La Villa from the refuge, following trail nr. 5, now going north-east. Cross several rocky overhangs then head downwards, over vast scree slopes until you are overlooking the Sponata hut at the chairlift station, which will take you to La Villa.
Public transportGetting to the starting point of the tour or point of interest by public transport is easy and convenient.
- Coming from Innsbruck: take the A 13 and the A 22 toll motorway and exit at Bressanone/Brixen, following the signs to Brunico/Bruneck along the Val Pusteria/Pustertal road as far as San Lorenzo/St.Lorenzen. Follow the signs to Val Badia/Gadertal
- Coming from Verona-Bolzano: take the A 22, exit at Bressanone/Brixen and continue as above
The nearest train stations are:
- Brunico - 37 Km
- Bolzano (via Passo Gardena) - 72 Km (via Brunico) – 100 Km
- Connection train station – Alta Badia by the local bus SAD: www.sad.it
- Innsbruck - 130 km
- Munich – 330 km
- Venice Treviso / Venice Marco Polo – 180 / 200 km
- Verona – 213 km
- Milan Bergamo / Milan Malpensa - 310 /400 km
- Information airport transfer: www.suedtirolbus.it - www.cortinaexpress.it
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others