Distance 9 km
The Felsenweg (Rock Trail) is a well-maintained hiking trail close to the edge of the mountain, a rather easy and flat path but you need to be sure-footed and free from giddiness. Take special care if the ground is slippery - you should avoid the hike in case of snow and ice as well as on hot summer days. After heavy rain there’s also a risk of rockfall!
Via the Adige Valley, take the MeBo highway to the Algund exit and follow to Vellau.
Coming from Vinschgau, Algund is right before Merano.
32T 661596 5173528
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view