The Rosskopf cable car (valley station near the north park in Vipiteno) takes you to the mountain Rosskopf Monte Cavallo. Leave the mountain station on your right and follow the marked trail “Vallminger Almen”. Alternative: by foot to the Rosskopf Monte Cavallo: starting from the valley station of the Rosskopf Monte Cavallo cable car and follow the paths no. 19 or no. 23 through a shady forest over serpentines. Then continue to the mountain station and finally follow the marked trail “Vallminger Almen”.
Tip: alpine butter and cheese
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.