The mountain pastures tour starts at the fire station of Obertelfes/Telves di Sopra. From there follow the path no. 5 for about 1,5h upwards to the mountain pasture Freundalm. Alternative: reachable also by using the cable car Rosskopf/Monte Cavallo
Tip: grey cheese with alpine butter, “Bauernbratl”; “Kaiserschmarren” (traditional pancake dish) and some pasta on request
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.