The sassolungo represents the Val Gardena and it's one of the important mountains here in the surroundings. Climbing up the forcella you will get a fantastic view of the mountains which sourrounds us. Walking up until the forcella you will appreciate the astouning view of the Sella and the Marmolada. You have a lot of possibilities to walk there around and also for climbers there are no limits.
Getting thereWith the bus or the car through the Gardena valley reaching the Passo Sella / Sellajoch.
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.