El Caputel – history and natural beauties of Molveno
APT Dolomiti di Brenta e Paganella Verified partner Explorers Choice
Segheria TaialacquaPhoto: APT Dolomiti di Brenta e Paganella
1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose an excursion appropiate for your real ability and training level
3) Choose the fitting equimpent
4) Check the weather forecast
5) Hiking alone is risky
6) Give details about your itinerary and about the approximate hour of your return
7) Do not hesitate to entrust you to an expert
8) Pay attention to the indication and signals you will find along your journey
9) Do not hesitate to retrace your steps
10) Ask for help and call the number 112
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hintsTouristboard Dolomiti Paganella
A new itinerary in stages to discover Molveno and its cultural and natural attractions. The easy walk, divided into eleven stages, leads walkers to discover the history of Molveno. The landscape, the frescoes, the palaces and the religious monuments tell the origins and the traditions of the village. The surrounding landscape is amazing: we are surrounded by the crystal clear waters of Lake Molveno and the Brenta Dolomites. The stages are:
- The ancient frescoes of the old town of Molveno
- Palazzo Saracini - a Baroque style building built in the first half of the 18th century
- San Carlo Borromeo Church
- San Vigilio Church
- Baitèl dei Pescatori - a small fishermen's house
- The sculpture of the lake
- The votive cross in front of the Taialacqua sawmill
- The fossilized trunks of the submerged forest of Molveno
- Capital dedicated to Sant’Antonio da Padova
- Capital “El Caputel”
- Capital “La Madonnina”
Public transportTrentino Trasporti - line 611 - Local train from Trento to Mezzolombardo (line Trento - Malé). From Mezzolombardo to Molveno take the bus.
If you come from the North side: At the roundabout near motorway exit you turn right on Mezzolombardo. After travel across the village, following the driving direction for Fai della Paganella - Andalo - Molveno
If you come from the South side: From the motorway exit of Trento Nord you proceed on Val di Non e Altopiano della Paganella, at the exit of Mezzolombardo tunnel you turn on the right on SP 64. You proceed on Fai della paganella - Andalo direction.
ParkingIn the centre of Molveno or at the lake.
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentTrekking or gymshoes, rucksack with water, snacks and rain-jacket.
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others