Distance 4.3 km
Starting point for this sunny panoramic hike is the fire station at Obertelfes/Telves di Sopra (parking possibility). From there hike in direction “Telfer Almen”. After ca. 30 minutes of walking time you reach the timber line. After crossing the bridge follows a short and steep rise, where the path leads forward through spruce forests, downhill towards Telfes. Later cross a forest path and follow the further markings. After a short while you reach a timber line, called “Neun Stangen”. Here you turn left and you reach the farm Jaufnerhof. Walk along the timber line with a stunning view of the valley and go back to the starting point. Wonderful, easy hiking tour for the whole family.
Getting thereComing from the Sterzing/Vipiteno autostrada exit, follow the signs for Ratschings/Racines until the 2nd roundabout. Take the 1st exit and follow the road to the fire station in Obertelfes.
32T 681988 5196056
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view