Route: from the car park at Kalterer See lake, continue north to the Geier restaurant. Behind the restaurant, a narrow trail leads to the north into the orchards. Walk along these and turn off to the right in an easterly direction following the markers. At the slope on the eastern side of the valley, turn right, passing by the hotel on the left to the Klughammer road. First follow this road, then continue on a trail above the road.
This trail ends at the southern end of the lake. Cross the road to join the Nature Discovery Trail (Naturerlebnisweg). At the end of this nature trail, turn right onto the so-called Kuchlweg trail, hiking to the vineyards on the western side of the valley. Just before the wine road, turn right into the trail through the field, following it until you reach the point where the wine road curves to the right. Cross over and now follow a trail through the field once more. Then follow the footpath next to the wine road to the church of San Giuseppe al Lago/St. Josef am See (Kirche St. Josef). Take the farm track to the right back to the starting point of the hike.
Getting thereChargeable parking area next to the public swimming pools in S. Giuseppe al lago/St. Josef am See or next to the district Campi al Lago/Klughammer.
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.