The nature trail of the Central Colli Euganei unfolds in the heart of the Euganei for about fifteen kilometers.
The point of departure can be reached by Province road 89 "dei colli"
Distance 14.7 km
Once at the foot of the ascent to Teolo, at a crossroads, take the road on the right called Via Euganea Villa and continue on to Via Calti Pendice until you pass a bridge, after which you will find the beginning of the path. Walking along the road at the western end of the clearing, the trail climbs southwards in the middle of a rather bare coppice, which is dotted with snowdrops in late winter. After Villa Cinciallegra, the last villa on the right, the road turns into a roughly paved track that is quite uneven and then white crushed-stone path that crosses the eastern slope of Mount Pendice with almost no elevation, not far from the base of the large wall. At a junction with a private road on the right, take the path on the left that ascends steeply into the woods and then moderately in the middle of the robinia trees. Following the white-red trail signs, the track takes you to the ruins of the castle, first overlooking a fork then climbing a short rocky stretch (you can steady yourself with a chain for safety) and, finally, you pass a 13th-century stone wall, which brings you to the top of Mount Pendice (320 m). You reach a large terrace overlooking the east face that dips vertically below it and from which you can see the rest of the route.
For expert hikers.
Time is intended for a trained hiker, it could vary depending on the preparation and the interest for the itinerary features.
AuthorParco Regionale dei Colli Euganei
Update: April 07, 2021
Tips and hintsNature Trail of Central Colli Euganei
Getting thereThe point of departure can be reached by Province road 89 "dei colli"
32T 710399 5024774
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view