A nice walk along the banks of the Avisio river, to discover it's biodiversity.
This simple itinerary leads to the discovery of a small treasure of biodiversity; one of the protected areas of Trentino. Step by step, you immerse yourself in nature, discovering the flora and fauna that characterize the area. The walk is accompanied by the slow murmur of the Avisio river, which can be observed closely thanks to a panoramic walkway and some bridges crossing its small tributaries. The calm of the place is brightened by the chirping of birds, which can be glimpsed in their natural habitat thanks to a wooden tower; an ideal observation point to learn about the different species that populate the banks of the river.
Curiosity: The Alpine tamarisk (Miricaria germanica), a very rare plant in Trentino, grows almost exclusively in this area.
THE 10 RULES FOR HIKERS
- Prepare your itinerary beforehand
- Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
- Choose suitable clothes and equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking by yourself is more risky; if this is the case, take a mobile phone with you
- Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
- If you are not sure about your itinerary, contact an Alpine Guide
- Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
- Do not hesitate in going back if you feel too tired
- In case of emergency call 112
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hints
From Cavalese or Predazzo drive on the main road SS48 until you reach Ziano di Fiemme.
Ziano di Fiemme, in the hamlet of Roda.
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Comfortable shoes and water.