The road that leads to Malga Malghette - Krabes Alm in German, flows between lush forests and portions marked by the passage of the Vaia storm in autumn 2018. The biotope meadows near to the path are full of colorful flowers. Among them, the gentians stand out, to be admired without touching (their collection is in fact prohibited).
The walk always proceeds in a steady gradual ascent, with some short steep sections, and reaches the panoramic hill on which the malga stands. The typically South Tyrolean alpine hut is open from early May to late autumn, and is therefore an excuse to visit the area at different times of the year and admire its different colors, from the most delicate ones of spring flowers to autumn foliage.
Rest StopKrabes Alm
THE 10 RULES FOR HIKERS
- Prepare your itinerary beforehand
- Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
- Choose suitable clothes and equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking by yourself is more risky; if this is the case, take a mobile phone with you
- Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
- If you are not sure about your itinerary, contact an Alpine Guide
- Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
- Do not hesitate in going back if you feel too tired
- In case of emergency call 112
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hints
Getting thereDrive from San Lugano direction Anterivo. Turn right to Solaiolo and continue direction Malghette
ParkingWhere you find the driving ban signal
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Hiking shoes, rain-jacket, water, sun cream.
We recommend to do this walk with all-terrain stroller.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.