Distance 8.3 km
Starting at the Plose gondola lift mountain station, follow the Lorggenring trail along the WoodyWalk before it branches off at a wide viewing platform. Stop for a minute and enjoy the view of the Dolomites before continuing into a dense woodland. Along the way, hikers learn about the Lorggen, ancient guardians of the forest and its inhabitants. From the Pfannspitz gondola lift valley station, you can quickly arrive at an elevation of 2,545 m. The view of the spectacular Geißler peaks and the surrounding mountains is absolutely phenomenal! Follow the trail along the ridge to the Plosehütte shelter, from where you can return to Kreuztal at the Plose gondola lift mountain station along trails no. 7 and then no. 3. This part of the circuit offers a magnificent panorama of the Brixen basin. The Lorggenring Hiking Circuit is also accessible to families with children, offering hikers of all ages a unique hiking experience on the slopes of the Plose.
32T 707261 5173788
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view