Coming from the south:
Take the highway exit "Egna/Ora/Termeno-Neumarkt/Auer/Tramin" and follow the signs "Bolzano/Laives-Bozen/Leifers" for approx. 15 km. Drive through the tunnel of Laives/Leifers and then take the first exit, which leads to the roundabout of Pineta/Steinmannwald. Follow the signs for "La Costa/Seit" on an initially steep, then serpentine road for about 20 minutes until you reach the Schneiderwiesen hotel.
Coming from the north:
Take the highway exit "Bolzano Sud/Bozen Süd" and then follow the signs for "Trento/Laives - Trient/Leifers" for approx. 10 km. After the tunnel connecting Bolzano/Bozen and Laives/Leifers at the roundabout in Pineta/Steinmannwald, follow the signs for "La Costa/Seit" on an initially steep, then serpentine road for about 20 minutes until you reach the Schneiderwiesen hotel.
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.