To the center of Merano
Distance 5 km
By cable car from Muta you will reach Tirolo in about 5 minutes. On the way a structure is immediately evident - the horse racecourse of Merano in Via delle Palade is one of the most beautiful and largest in Europe. From the cable car valley station of Alta Muta follow Haslachstrasse path to the town center of Tyrol. After about 700 meters turn right on Via Principale. Walk for about 100 meters before you turn right again onto Via del Castello. At the second junction turn left and follow the trail (Weinweg) for about 800 m south up to via Keschtngasse. Here turn right until you reach Via Gnaid, turn left and continue along the road to the south-east. After the Hotel Gartner turn right and along Via Monte Benedetto, continue southbound. Via Alter Tirolerweg leads to Via Monte San Zeno which goes down towards Merano. Lastly follow the 'Winter Walk' along the Passer up to the center of Merano.
Update: September 07, 2021
32T 664529 5173662
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view