In the natural parc of the Tessa group.
Distance 5.5 km
This stage begins at the Nassereit hut (1,523 m), in the Natural Park Tessa Group. The trail leads over alpine meadows along the AVS Jugendweg path (corresponding to a stretch of the Alta Via dofi Merano) up to the Valico hut. Just like Valico hut, many shelters in this region are traditionally connected with the villages in the valley by small cable cars. This stage is done with little difficulty. Problems may arise during the crossing of streams after heavy rainfall: the trail in these cases is often difficult to see. Moreover, in such circumstances there is danger of falling rocks.
Update: September 07, 2021
ParkingSmall parking under the Nassereith hut
32T 655836 5174134
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view